On the 104th Anniversary of International Working Women’s Day
New York City WORKING WOMEN’S Assembly & March
Join women resisters to speak out against injustices and to honor the working women, the majority teenage immigrants, who died in the 1911 Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire.
- Uphold the legacy of women’s resistance here and abroad
- Fight the 1%
- Bail Out Women & Our Communities
SAT ►MARCH 8
12 noon ►Speak Out/Rally @
Triangle Shirtwaist Fire Factory Memorial
23-29 Washington Place
Between Greene St. & Washington Sq. East
Subway: n/r to 8th St. or a/b/c/d/e/f/m to W. 4th St
1 pm MARCH to 147 W. 24th St. Manhattan
2 pm - 5 pm ♦ Hot food ♦ Music & Social
- Reparations NOW!!
- Legalization, not deportations!
- No war on women at home or abroad!
- Unite to win our liberation
- LGBTQ Rights!
- End domestic violence!
- Reproductive justice
No forced sterilization
- Health care is a right
- $15 an hour minimum wage
- Jobs, not jails & police terror
- Restore food stamps
- Education for all not student debt!
- Child care is a right!
- Low cost housing! Stop evicitons
- Full rights for people w/ disabilities
- End domestic volence
- Stop sexual trafficking
- Equal pay for equal work
- Women are not objects!
- Protect mother earth
- Welcome home Lynne Stewart
- Hands Off Assata Shakur
- Support the rights of all workers
- Every worker has the right to decent pay
Sponsors (list in information): Audre Lorde Project, BAYAN USA, Chelsea Coalition on Housing, GABRIELA NY, International Action Center, La Peña del Bronx, NY Comte for Human Rights in the Philippines, People’s Power Assembly, Philippine Forum, Taller Experimental de Arte,Women’s Fightback Network, Women Workers for Peace
Called by the Int’l Working Women’s Coalition